The Buffalo Cooperative Federal Credit Union (BCFCU) treats all of your confidential information with care and respect. All of our staff and volunteers are required to abide by strict confidentiality policies. Every person or company who has access to any identifiable account information is required to sign a confidentiality agreement.
The BCFCU shall not disclose or sell to any third party, affiliates or subsidiaries, any account number, or similar form of account access number for any deposit account, transaction account, or other non-public, private information of credit union members for use in telemarketing, direct mail marketing, or other marketing including electronic mail directed to the members of the BCFCU.
The names and addresses or other personal information of our membership obtained through the Membership/Account Agreement shall at no time be used by the BCFCU, its employees or volunteers for purposes other than meeting its duties under this agreement and shall not be furnished to, shared with, or disclosed to any third party, including subsidiaries, without the express written consent of the Member.
SPECIFIC EXCEPTIONS: The above provisions shall not prohibit disclosure of public information:
1) to the Member’s field of membership organization,
2) to CUNA Mutual for the Member Connect insurance benefits program.**
GENERAL EXCEPTIONS – The above provisions shall not prohibit disclosure of nonpublic personal information:
1) as necessary to effect, administer, or enforce transaction requested or authorized by the Member,
2) with the consent of or at the direction of the Member,
3) to comply with Federal, State, or local laws, rules, and other applicable legal requirements; to comply with a properly authorized civil, criminal, or regulatory investigation or subpoena by Federal, State, or local authorities; or to respond to judicial process or government regulatory authorities having jurisdiction over the BCFCU for examination, compliance, or other purposes authorized by law.
** To opt out of CUNA’s promotional mailings, call
1-800-428-3932. Select option #1 and you will be connected to a customer service representative who will ask for your name and birth date (to verify identity).
The BCFCU website contains links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of any other site that collects personally identifiable information.